Friday, July 1, 2016

major slow down

So each cut out item on the bodice needs to be enclosed in thread or it freys. My machine doesn't stitch small enough to keep it from looking muddy so that means it has to be done by hand.  Each pomegranate section takes about 6 hours to stitch a little less if I'm really in a grove.  So the question becomes do it right or go skip it and move on.  I'm going for doing it right. Considering all the time and effort I've already put into this I would just kick myself if it fell apart after the first wearing. That may mean I won't finish everything in time for the IRCC but I'll keep going and just turn in what I have when the time comes.


Showing the difference between just the cutwork and the embroidered cutwork

Also I need to decided if I want to add "seeds" for the pomegranate and how I want to do them

No comments:

Post a Comment