Saturday, April 16, 2016

false starts

Since I'm waiting on the linen for the corset and more ouches for the necklace I thought I would start work on the little sweet bag I've been thinking about trying the last couple of days.  Normally I do a set of pockets with my gowns as I love pockets and Anna bit of a pocket pusher bit to mix things up I thought I'd knit a little sweet bag.  I don't have any fine yarn atm  so I'm going to use some basic stuff I have in my stash. I'd say I'm an advanced beginner when it comes to knitting.  I can follow a pattern and I've done socks and shawls.  I've never done any type of color work so I thought I'd try something new and do two color double knitting and make the pattern myself. I did some research into the technique and think I have a good idea of what I'm doing and I found some knit bags pre  16th century that show some color work.

I'm currently starting this knitting project over for the 5th time. Tension issues and not paying close enough attention to what I was doing are the causes.  It's ok it is a new technique for me and I'm learning more every time I  rip it back to stay again.  Hopefully I get it this time.

Pics once I have something to show off the project

No comments:

Post a Comment