Thursday, July 23, 2015

ambitious project

I'm playing with undertaking a huge project.  A full italian outfit Sewn 90%  by hand. It's looking like I will have some time on my hands so I can under take this

The only Thing I will not be sewing by hand is the quilted petticoat mainly because it is highly experimental and really detailed in a medium I have never tried before.  As money is incredibly tight I well be using a faux silk I have in my stash,  the chemise and partlet will be out of silk from my stash the pockets from linen in my stash. There will be lots of embroidery and hand aplique.

This will be heraldicly inspired by my arms and  badge  including   elements such as pomegranates and ermine

My  arms 

My  badge 



The dress inspiration 

The plan 

No comments:

Post a Comment